The Wigg Party is a community organization based in the San Francisco neighborhoods surrounding the bike route known as the Wiggle. Our mission is to make the community that uses the Wiggle a leader in the transformation to sustainability and resilience.
We accomplish this through a number of Working Groups which spearhead the various Wigg Party initiatives. We currently have groups working on Sustainable Business Consulting, Local Food, Re-Skilling and Transforming the Wiggle.
We have created a number of initiatives to help move our community toward resilience:
- In partnership with Apothocurious, we produce a monthly locally-sourced progressive dinner called the Urban Eating League
- We have saved many tons of food from the waste stream through our Fresh Produce Share-With-Alls in a collaboration with SF Glean and Hayes Valley Farm
- We have helped produce multiple Carrotmobs in the neighborhood, providing capital for local business to become more sustainable
- We are developing a local currency called Wiggle Bucks
- We host skill-share parties
- We are spearheading a coalition of city and neighborhood groups working to make the Wiggle bicycle route more beautiful, safer for pedestrians and cyclists, and SF’s newest landmark
- We produce and participate in various events focused primarily on simply creating community, the most notably our monthly Wigg Party Parties
Want to stay in the loop? Check out our Get Involved page!